Coordinator, Facilities Rental & Sales
Submission Deadline: March 2, 2018
Duration: 1 year contract with opportunity to become full time permanent
Range of Pay: $30,000 – $32,000 depending on experience
Anticipated Start Date: March 2018
About The Ottawa Art Gallery (OAG)
The OAG is at a pivotal moment in its history, as we will open our new expanded space on April 28th. The OAG will grow five times its current size and provide unparalleled access to our collections, programs and the art of our region, and will connect on several floors with a redeveloped Arts Court and a new University of Ottawa Theatre Department. The project’s public component will also be complemented by our private partners: Le Germain Hotel and ArtHaus Condominiums by Montreal’s DevMcGill developers. This city-project is part of the downtown core’s regeneration and a 2017 cultural legacy project.
The OAG Expansion will include a 4,000 square foot multipurpose room that includes a 245 seat retractable seating system, a technical booth with film and digital cinema set up, an outdoor terrace and catering kitchen. This space is flexible in nature, supporting such activities as conferences, film screenings, fundraisers, galas and weddings. There will also be smaller spaces to rent including a board room. The OAG will seek to use these spaces for gallery programming, Arts Court partner events and festivals, community programs, and outside rentals.
As the OAG prepares to move into our new building, we seek a special events and sales professional to join our team as the Facilities Rental & Sales Coordinator. Reporting to the Manager of Development & Special Events, this position is central to supporting the Gallery’s overall revenue generating activities including venue rentals, special events and fundraising.
The Facilities Rental & Sales Coordinator will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and overseeing the execution of the OAG’s new facilities rental program. Responsibilities include promotion, booking and contract administration of rentals, management of volunteer event staff, vendor coordination, and onsite coordination of rentals and events as required.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Overall coordination of OAG’s rental program including maintaining the booking calendar and client database; communication with internal and external clients; event planning and coordination; marketing of rental space and bringing on new clients.
- Customer relations with renters including scheduling site tours with potential clients; creating contracts and invoices; working with clients for event creation and day of support as needed.
- Assist with the communications and marketing of the rental program including the creation of material for marketing kits and the OAG website; attending trade shows and networking events on behalf of OAG; promotion of the rental program to organizations and new clients.
- Liaise with external vendors including caterers, AV companies, event rental companies, photographers, and artists.
- Liaise with staff from collections management and building maintenance to ensure the upkeep of facility equipment and rental spaces
- Liaise with other gallery and Arts Court partners for the coordination of events within the gallery
- Coordinate additional event staff as needed
- Support OAG events including annual fundraisers and public programming
- Support to the Development & Special Events Manager as needed
- Other duties as required
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bilingual in English and French
- Post-Secondary education in Communications, Event Management, Marketing or related field
- Specific knowledge of or experience in the field of visual arts, arts organizations, festivals, or event planning considered an asset
- Experience in an administrative role
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to take initiative and direction
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including the ability to learn new software quickly
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends
The Ottawa Art Gallery is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates the interest of all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply with cover letter and resume to Meredith Berriman, Development and Special Events: email@example.com. Please reference the specific job you are applying for within the subject line of your email. No telephone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.